- Home >
- Recommended Routes
Japan Heritage Dewa Sanzan (The Three Mountains of Dewa)
Mt. Haguro worship course (one day / two days and one night)
Japan Geopark Mt. Chokai and Tobishima Island course
(half a day)
1. Tamasudare Falls
2. Maruike-sama Pond
3. The Stone Statues of the Sixteen Arhats
Tobishima Island can be viewed in the distance.
Japan Heritage Kitamae-bune, or historical merchant trading ships course (half a day)
Japan Heritage Samurai Silk course (half a day)
Guided taxi ‘Shonai Guide Drivers`
There’s a guided tour taxi in Shonai and it’s called Shonai Guide Drivers!
Shonai Guide Drivers are taxi tourism professionals in Shonai.
We have received training in tourism and hospitality and have passed the certification test.
You pay the taxi fee and we will guide you around Shonai’s tourist attractions for free!
- 1. You pay the taxi fee and we will give you a complete tour of Shonai for free.
- 2. We will take you to the places of your choice and give you a tour there.
- 3. No need to reserve in advance! You can use the service immediately on the day of.
- 4. Available for wheelchairs and large groups.
(*) As each taxi company owns a different type of vehicle, please contact us in advance if you need a taxi for a large group and so on.
Tsuruoka City Area
- Dewa Hire Corporation TEL: 0235-22-1981
- Yamato Kotsu Co., Ltd. TEL: 0235-22-7733
- Shoko Hire Company TEL: 0235-22-0055
- Yunohama Kanko Airport Taxi TEL: 0235-75-2321
- Yutagawa Onsen Jidosha TEL: 0235-35-2177
Tsuruoka City, Atsumi Area
- Atsumi Onsen Kanko Jidosha TEL: 0235-43-2330
- Shonai Taxi Company TEL: 0235-43-3822
Tsuruoka City, Asahi Area
- Ochiai Jidosha TEL: 0235-53-2121
Sakata City Area
- Sakata Daiichi Taxi TEL: 0234-22-9444
- Sakata Godo Jidosha TEL: 0234-22-4433
- Minato Taxi TEL: 0234-22-4622
- Kanko Taxi TEL: 0234-43-0303
- Matsuyama Kanko Taxi TEL: 0234-62-2140
［Address］Tsuruoka City / Sakata City, Yamagata Prefecture
Perks for using Shonai Guide Drivers
If you take a taxi with a guide driver, you can get a group discount at the following facilities.
(Applies to each rider)
Ideha Culture Memorial Hall / Gyokusenji / Studio Sedic Shonai Open Set / Chido Museum / Dewa Sanzan History Museum / Wataraihonten Dewanoyuki Sake Brewery Museum
Kaikoji / Old Abumi-ya / Sakata City Museum / Sakata City Museum of Art / Somaro / Ken Domon Museum of Photography / Former Main Residence of the Honma Family / Honma Art Museum / Matsuyama Culture and Tradition Museum
Hachiro Kiyokawa Memorial Museum